Legacy Pediatrics, providing easier access on winter weekends
Many of us have seen a commercial or received a letter from our health insurance carrier introducing telehealth visits which would connect us to a physician or medical provider 24/7/365! Every day it seems that another health care system or insurance company is promoting the benefits of telehealth visits. Legacy Pediatrics prides itself as being in the forefront of medicine and we feel it is time to incorporate Video Telehealth Visits into our practice.
Since its beginning, Legacy Pediatrics has offered Saturday morning hours for sick visits during the winter months, November through May. However, due to the changes in accessing medical care, Legacy will now be moving forward with Video Telehealth Visits on Saturday and Sunday mornings starting in November for routine sick visits to provide more accessibility on the weekends. With this added convenience, you will still receive the same level of personalized care that you would expect from Legacy Pediatrics.
How the Video Telehealth Visits work on the weekends:
- Each of your children will need to have an active portal page. If your child does not have a portal page set up, you can call our office and we can give you the activation code verbally.
- You will be able to sign up for a visit through your child’s portal page and book an appointment time during the available time slots.
- A link will be sent to you via email or text, whichever you prefer, to connect to us at the time of your appointment. At the time of the visit, you will connect with whichever device you would like (tablet, desktop computer, phone) to the video visit link.
- Many sick visits are appropriate for a Video Telehealth Visit and we hope to be able to diagnose and treat most problems; however, there will be times when we recommend your child be seen at a Pediatric Urgent Care or the Emergency Room for further evaluation and treatment. We currently recommend two pediatric urgent cares in our area:
- Pediatric Urgent Care of Rochester – 6687 Pittsford Palmyra Road, Fairport, NY
- AcuteKids – 1243 Bay Road, Webster, NY
- Your insurance will be billed the appropriate code, just as if you were in the office being seen.